This is a reminder, you are all invited to the Annual General Meeting for Capital City Skating Club at the Grant Harvey Center on April 7, 2016 beginning at 7pm. We have some vacant board positions and some new nominations, there is also still time to nominate yourself or someone else for any position. If there is more then 1 nomination for a spot we will have a vote at the AGM.
All positions are for a two year term.
1. Fundraising Chair – this person is responsible for the over all fundraising endeavours for the club.
Note: Currently there is one nomination for this position. Beth Pelletier
2. Registration Chair – This person is responsible for the 3 registrations that occur during the season. He/she is the leader in creating the brochures and ensuring the collection of fees along with monitor guest skating. This person, provides recommendations and assist in making decision on ice utilization.
Note: Currently we have 1 nomination for this position: Lori Goodine
3. Canskate Chair- This person is responsible for the overall administrative duties for the canskate program. This person assist parents with questions under the guidance of the President and also works closely with the Head Canskate Coach to ensure the integrity of the program as outlined by Skate Canada.
Note: Currently we have 1 nomination for this position: Yan Xiang
4. President – This person is responsible for the overall running of the Club and ensures the guidelines set out by Skate Canada and CCSC intuitive are followed. This person is a problem solver and organized and has the best interest of the whole club when making decisions. This person does not have a vote at the board level but is there as a supporter and help guide the whole board with decisions.
Note: Currently we have 1 nomination for this position: Kim Tucker
5. Vice President – This person shall fulfill the duties of the President in their absence . The Vice-President shall perform any duties assigned by either the President, or the Club Executive.
Note: Currently we have one nomination for this position. Luella Graham
6. Communication Chair – This person is responsible for the organization of the communication, sending and receiving emails, responding to emails and forwarding on email for response to the board member responsible for the request or question.
Note: Currently we have one nomination for this position. Michelle Melanson
Any position that is currently filled can also be put to a vote if an interested party steps forward as a nominee. Please see our About Us Page for a full list of board positions.
All nominations must be submitted in writing on or before April 4, 2016 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line with the position and name of the nominee.
Looking forward to the AGM and some new faces to the board.